Graduate Business Development Executive - Lifestyle & Trends - £23K - London
4 days left
- Full Time
Our client gives customers access to the most important global and cross-industry trends.
This is an innovation research and trends membership service.
They help businesses process global Consumer Lifestyle, Consumer Product and Consumer Engagement insights, stimulating innovation and growth. Helping customers to look cross industry for ideas and inspiration, to spark innovation and connect consumer insights with future product development, design, retail, packaging and marketing ideas and strategies.
This is a graduate job offering a starting salary of £23K per annum.
Key responsibilities of the role;
- The company is looking to hire business development professionals in London with the experience and personality to grow the company membership base further.
- The role requires the ability to understand marketing, growth, strategy, NPD (New Product Development) and design issues a B2B client may have, and position the company as a solution to these issues.
- Clients requirements will often extend into advisory, so the role requires a candidate comfortable with a volume approach to sales, as well as one able to cultivate longer term C-level relationships.
Day-to-day activities will include;
- You would be responsible for researching prospects, finding contact names and organising meetings. The Business Development Executive books meetings for the relevant Business Development Head to attend.
- If you are successful, this role will lead into other roles within the business, such as Account Management & Sales, plus anything else from branding to PR.
- What the client is looking for, is not so much sales skills -the role isn’t selling as such - but really someone with an interesting, engaging manner and of course well spoken, literate and well organised.
- The role would suit someone with an interest in consumer trends, design and branding.
- Candidates with language skills - focussing on markets like Germany, France and Japan would also be of interest.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
The ideal candidate will be passionate about consumer trends, design and brinading and demonstrate a hunger to grow with the business and progress their career within this established company.
- Graduate (calibre)
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Proficient in IT
- Empathetic and reliable
- Good team player
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and highly motivated