Property Manager / Block Manager
We are a company that demonstrates a high level of professionalism with strong systems and processes in place. We believe that this structure is what allows us to deliver such high level of service and also what allows our Property Managers to manage their portfolios effectively and efficiently.
Through organic growth and acquisitions, we have had an impressive few years and we aim to maintain our standing and reputation within the industry. We encourage new ideas, hold regular appraisals and open up many training avenues for you so that you can continue to develop yourself and your career which ultimately lets you really shine.
We believe that in this busy, sometimes stressful industry that is Block Management, it’s the little things that matter and we will always have this in mind. We know we wouldn’t be where we are today without our Team. We’ll do all we can to keep you engaged in your role and ensure you have job satisfaction. We’re constantly evolving and we know you will be too.
The Job Role:
The Estate Manager is a pivotal role within our company. You will be responsible for co-ordinating all of the resources (internal & external) to effectively manage a portfolio of residential estates and deliver outstanding service to our customers. The role has 3 key parts: controlling the financial aspects of an estate (preparing budgets, monitoring expenditure), implementing the planned & reactive maintenance programme and communicating with key stakeholders (chairing meetings and writing letters/reports).
- Excellent time management, prioritisation, delegation and project management skills.
- Excellent numeracy/analytical skills and competency in dealing with financial information.
- Excellent communication skills - letter writing and the written and verbal presentation of information.
- Excellent computer skills - knowledge of Qube would be an advantage. Proficient in all Microsoft programmes and competent in mail merging.
- Excellent people skills - an ability to adapt your style as required.
- Excellent commercial skills - demonstrate a savviness and awareness of commercial reality.
- Industry related qualifications is desirable, e.g. the IRPM and RICS.
- Experience in Block Management, including the management of your own portfolio.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, e.g. Landlord & Tenant Act, RICS Code, ARMA, etc.
- Accountable: take personal responsibility for seeing things through to successful resolution.
- Thorough: attention to detail, the ability to think things through - not just follow a checklist.
- Commitment: take pride in your work and care about your/the team’s performance.
- Mature: common-sense approach. Remain calm & measured while juggling multiple projects.
- Positive: an optimistic, can-do attitude that improves team morale.
Salary and Benefits:
We are paying a competitive salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum and we’ll also give you a company car.
We also offer a number of benefits such as 3% pension, support through training and qualifications, the ability to purchase 5 extra days holiday and a mentoring scheme.