7 days left
- Full Time
Our client has vacancies for Motor Claims Handlers to handle and settle claims made promptly and fairly. You will deliver a positive customer experience by communicating with stakeholders in a helpful, proactive and professional manner.
The vacancies cover a wide range of experience from individuals just at the begining of their claims handling career to those with substantian experience, dealing with complex and advanced claims.
• To process work chronologically and/or in order of priority, and to help out other claims handlers to ensure that this is achieved when necessary
• To deal with all aspects of claims handling including letter writing, telephone contact, diary management, valuation, negotiation and settlement of the following types of claim / loss:
• Loss or damage to property
• Costs - predictable scheme
• To keep up to date with good claims practice and champion this throughout the team
• To act as a referral point to less experienced claims staff
• To act within set handling authorities as defined by the Claims Authorities Matrix
Skills and knowledge
• An understanding and application of the claims handling processes / procedures, gained from experience of working as a Claims Handler or similar. This should include:
• The Road Traffic Act
• Article 75
• EC Directives
• To be able to use the IT system as well as Microsoft based products
• To understand and use the expert valuation system within the operating criteria, and fully appreciate the need and benefits of the same
• An understanding of motor insurance and claims principles in general
• A basic understanding of the Civil Procedure Rules and the stance on litigation
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.