4 days left
- Full Time
Purpose of the role
As a member of the Central Projects Unit, you will be responsible for the management and successful delivery of a number of medium and large projects within the ICT Portfolio.
- Clear and precise definition in the initiation of projects.
- Identify Critical Success Factors for client satisfaction and control their achievement through the project lifecycle culminating in high satisfaction scores.
- Plan, monitor and control multiple projects and lead project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Maintain revenue forecasts and ensure customer billing is executed as per the parameters defined within the contractual obligations of a project and contract.
- Manage the production of the required technical, managerial, quality and commercial deliverables.
- Prepare and maintain project plans including resource and cost estimates.
- Manage project issues and risks (including the development of issue resolution and risk mitigation plans).
- Develop stakeholder relationships and manage customer expectations.
- Forecast and control the use of resources.
- Change control and configuration management.
- Customer and internal reporting through agreed reporting lines on project progress through the production of status presentations based on written highlight reports.
- Apply technical and quality strategy.
- Produce end project reports and lessons learned reports.
- Be familiar with the major trends within the market which drive the transformation required to meet the strategic agenda of our clients
- Have demonstrable experience on successfully leading and delivering on multiple transformation projects
- To deliver consistent solutions on the route to market for cloud based implementation in standardising and consolidating how we transform and migrate our clients
- Demonstrable track record of generating revenue / making cost savings through the delivery of projects to an end client
- Have an in-depth knowledge of our market and how to penetrate with winning proposals and solutions
- Have demonstrable experience of managing a P&L effectively whilst delivering on multiple client commitments
- Have demonstrable experience in translating organisational strategy into technology roadmaps that deliver tangible and effective change for clients
- Qualified in PRINCE2
- A detailed knowledge of an industry recognised project management methodology, ideally PRINCE2.
- A working knowledge of IT infrastructure architecture principles (eg. server, networks, databases, storage, and user access devices) and/or commercial off the shelf applications, to the extent that you are able to collaborate with technical specialists and take ownership of solutions.
- A sound understanding at a basic level of core project financial disciplines such as profit and loss accounting, revenue, cost and cash flow forecasting.
- Domain knowledge in one or more local government lines of business desirable.
- Possesses self-awareness, and an understanding of own strengths and weaknesses, and operates confidently within the parameters defined by these.
- Driven by a desire to achieve successful results.
- Demonstrates energy and initiative.
- Demonstrates an appetite for problem solving
- Believes in and understands the importance of customer service.
- Believes in building and sustaining relationships with team members, colleagues and customers of all levels.
- Possesses leadership qualities in providing direction to and motivating project teams.
- Has an appetite to identify and apply learning within projects in developing the capability of an organisation to undertake current and future projects.
- Possesses a natural attention to detail and thoroughness in successfully initiating projects through the ability to produce well-structured and clearly defined project proposals.
- Ability to agree and baseline customer requirements through effective stakeholder engagement.
- Skills in estimating and planning techniques in the production of detailed plans for the delivery of project products and resource and cost estimates.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Competent in the use of MS Project functionality in the creation and maintenance of detailed project plans.
- Ability to maintain project plans and to manage the deployment of resources to meet project milestones.
- Skills in risk and issue management in the mitigation of project risks and the resolution of issues.
- Ability to plan and deliver project closure with effective and timely handover of projects into Business as Usual support.
- Ability to effectively manage the goods and services provided by third party suppliers on projects through work package definition, control and communication.
- Competent in the use and application pf MS Excel, with the ability to manage project budgets and to develop and maintain revenue forecasts.
- Ability to liaise effectively with wide ranging customers taking into account their technical and/or business knowledge.
- Experience as a project manager in line with the APM Competency Framework with at least 5 years of project management experience.
- Certified as a PRINCE2 Practitioner of in another industry recognised methodology.
- Experience in the commercial aspects of delivering projects for external customers in terms of customer charging, internal cost control and achievement of margin.
- Experience of having successfully managed multiple projects simultaneously.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the delivery of IT projects, some of which have involved significant business process change