Assistant Manager - Leading Independent Firm
3 days left
- Full Time
AJ Chambers are currently working with a leading independent Accountancy Practice that has a proactive approach and is exceptionally client focused. The client base is very wide ranging and this position would provide an excellent opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to quickly gain further experience across a variety of sectors with a firm who values their staff.
This is an ideal job opportunity for an ACCA / ACA Qualified Accountant with experience working in a Public Practice Accountancy firm, who is looking for a client facing role in Hertford.
- Fully accountable for the provision of accounting services including corporate and personal tax returns and special services for a portfolio of clients.
- Provision of projections and forecasting information.
- Produce VAT returns and provide an in-depth knowledge and advice service to clients.
- P11D and other payroll advice and services.
- Manage budgets and compliance processes.
- Utilise a variety of paperless software applications.
- Preparation of budgets for accounts work.
- Raising bills
- Liaise with clients for debt recovery as required.
- Business Development / Client Management
- Manage portfolio of clients.
- Manage client relationships and identify opportunities for additional services.
- Play an active role in raising the profile of the business.
- Display a confident, accurate and reliable accounting knowledge when interacting with clients, presenting ideas and implementing strategies.
- Actively engage with senior staff / partners to gain a good understanding of the business.
- Understand, engage and assist with the marketing activities of the business.
- Staff Management
- Mentor, supervise and coach junior staff assigned and contribute to non-client work.
- Delegate tasks effectively.
- Review work of junior staff, ensuring quality in compliance with professional standards/requirements.
- Participate in professional development activities and in recruiting / developing staff and resource planning.
- ACCA/ACA Qualified
- Staff and client portfolio management experience required
- Strong IT and interpersonal skills
For further information on this Assistant Manager position, please apply direct or contact James Knott from AJ Chambers