Part Time Advocate
Horizon Search and Selection are delighted to be working with a large Advocacy organisation who through continued growth, are seeking a new team member to cover both Peterborough and Cambridge.
You will ideally have a relevant qualification in advocacy services such as IMHA or IMCA and be suitably knowledgeable with regards to the Care Act and providing support around making complaints and ensuring service users voices are heard, respected and embraced.
You will be supporting service users from across the community, who are considered vulnerable or marginalised, and as such some experience of working within mental health, learning disabilities, brain injury or elderly peoples services will be essential.
Duties of the role include:
- Responsibility for delivering an efficient and effective direct advocacy service
- Champion the use of advocacy services and the user’s voice in all activities
- Maintain appropriate records and paperwork in support of an effective service
- Operate within the culture of cost awareness/savings/cost control and suggesting efficiencies where appropriate
- Ensuring strong relationship development and management of all stakeholders
- Assist colleagues in the developing of new relationships
- Participate in activities to support the winning of new opportunities to maintain and grow income streams
- Implement opportunities for innovation
- Be proactive in your own personal development
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills, both in listening and understanding service user issues and concerns and being able to accurate represent them through meetings and written communications
- Being 100% client focussed. Respecting individual needs and being solution orientated.
- Teamwork. Although predominantly the role will be caseloading service users, you will rely heavily on the expertise and support of your colleagues in ensuring you have up to date information on community services and initiatives.
- Being able to influence others.
Due to the nature of these roles, you will be required to hold a DBS enabling you to work with vulnerable adults and children. If you are registered on the DBS update service, that would be advantageous. Also a full driving licence is essential in order to cover the area required.
These exciting roles are initially offered as rolling 3 month contracts, with the genuine opportunity of it becoming permanent.
To be considered for this position, please apply through our website or alternatively email Suzanne Mildinhall with an up-to-date copy of your CV today.
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!