Assistant Workshop Manager
Assistant Workshop Manager (Senior Engineer/Materials Handling)
£28,000 to £30,000 + Pension + Benefits + Holidays + Training + Overtime Paid at Premium
Assistant Workshop Manager required for a well-established plant hire company in Milton Keynes. This really is a first class opportunity into a leading UK engineering company. They offer comprehensive internal and external training and are professional in all areas. They don't cut corners and have an excellent reputation in the industry.
To apply for the role you need to have experience working on materials handling equipment. The role will either suit engineers with lots of experience in the industry looking to move into an assistant manager role OR those with management experience looking for a hands role within a true market leader.
You will be responsible for overseeing the day to day workshop activities ensuring rental equipment is maintained effectively and on time ensuring a high level of customer service is met. You will be managing a team of around 10 engineers, a mix of field service and workshop engineers. You will support the Workshop Manager with daily tasks to ensure the depot runs smoothly.
An industry leader for many decades in the UK engineering market, this company offers long term security and ongoing personal development in line with technological advancements.
* Control workshop activities ensuring safe equipment repair and service.
* Hands on service and repair of MHE.
* Review engineer performance with Workshop Manager.
* Oversee a team of internal and external engineers.
* Days Monday to Friday, 40 hours a week.
* Overtime paid on top of 40 hours.
* Experience in materials handling industry or heavy plant.
* Supervisory/ management experience or looking to take a step up and lead a small team.
* Hands on engineering background.
* Mentoring and training skills.