Staff Nurse - Oncology
4 days left
- Full Time
About The Facility
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The entire focus of our cancer unit, from the state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to leading drug development and treatment options, is centred on the needs of the individual patient. The Harley Street Clinic was the first in the UK to treat patients using a technology known as the CyberKnife robotic radiosurgery system. We have been treating patients with CyberKnife technology since 2009 and therefore have the most clinical experience in the UK.
We carry out highly specialist cancer surgery involving procedures in the following areas; Breast, Gynaecological, Colorectal, Upper gastro-intestine, Head and Neck, Hepatobiliary and Sarcoma
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London's most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
As part of a multidisciplinary team the post holder will assess, plan, implement and evaluate the care of the Oncology patient, in a holistic manner. The patient consists of adults requiring a variety of Oncology interventions and with a variable level of dependency from acute to palliative.
Please note the salary range for this role is £31,630 - £35,822 per annum depending on experience plus you get shift allowances on top of this.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family's needs
- Plan and deliver care for admissions and discharges
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintain accurate records
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
Skills & Experience
NMC Registered Nurse (RN Adult)
- Can have experience in oncology/haematology
- Applications are welcome from medical nurses with an interest in Oncology
- Applications from nurses looking for a change of speciality are welcome as we offer training and support to transition
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and case-load, working independently as well as within the team. They will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. Due to the nature of the role, adherence to policy, procedure and guidelines will be of paramount importance in conjunction with the customer-centric attitude.