IT Desktop Support Engineer
The IT Service Desk is the single point of contact for all IT incidents and service requests. The purpose of the Service Desk is to facilitate the restoration of normal operational service with minimal business impact and manage the provision of service requests. In this role you will respond to calls e-mails and Service desk requests generated by our business around the world. In addition, you will be required to contribute to other IT service management processes to ensure that service operation is efficient and professional.
. Job purpose to: The vision of the Service Desk is to be a centre of excellence that provides IT support and services that are business-aligned, performance-driven, customer-focused and adhere to industry best practice
- Incident logging and classification.
- Incident resolution and the restoration of service within agreed SLAs for areas within the scope of Service Desk.
- Incident closure and quality control.
- Where necessary, following the agreed escalation process
- Incident monitoring, tracking within the IT service management tool.
- Regular communication with users, advising them of the progress of incident resolution.
Service Request Fulfilment:
A service request is a request from a user for support, information, advice or documentation. Examples are requests for hardware and software, new starters and leavers, office moves, backups and restores, etc.
- Logging of service requests, ensuring that correct authorisation has been received.
- Progression through to resolution of service requests according to the agreed process and procedures.
- Communication with the end user as to the status of outstanding service requests.
Business Systems Support:
- Provide 1st line support of LGC business systems.
- Access management of LGC business systems.
- To account for and track all IT assets that are deemed configuration items, throughout their lifecycle and administer in the asset register.
- To put defined security and controls in place to protect assets.
- Ensure that information and data in the IT service management tool is current and correct.
- To provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Monitoring of KPIs as stated in the service level agreements
Field Service Management:
- Call management of remote incidents and service requests.
- To assist, via remote control, in resolving remote incidents and service requests.
- Collecting and sharing technical knowledge.
- Documenting service tasks to knowledge share with other members of the team and build the service library.
- Proactively making suggestions or recommendations for the continuous service improvement plan, whether technical, procedural or process driven.
- Production of management reports.
Excellent customer service skills.
Strong problem solving and resolution experience
Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
Very good English language skills.
Can-do attitude, focused on meeting deadlines and high quality deliverables
Experience of working in an IT service delivery environment.
Working knowledge of: Windows 7; AD administration; Office 2007/2010; Exchange/Outlook 2007/2010; Citrix client support; Cisco VPN; and BlackBerry support.
MCP / MCSA / MCSE qualifications.
Knowledge and experience with ITIL / IT service management support model
IT related degreeSpecial Conditions
Due to the sensitive nature of the work the successful candidate will need to obtain a security clearance
Flexibility in hours worked, including occasional weekend work is required.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.