Hotel Receptionist / Reservationist
Our Colchester based client, a luxury hotel and dining venue, is seeking a Receptionist to join their growing team on a full time, permanent basis. You will be welcoming all guests with a friendly, warm & truly personal service at all time, ensuring all procedures are followed accurately and efficiently.
- Checking guests in and out of the hotel
- Processing cash and card payment transactions
- Taking telephone bookings
- Assisting with any e-mail or telephone queries
- Making reservations for guests at local amenities
- Providing guests with information about the nearby facilities & attractions
- Maintaining a clean and tidy reception area at all times
Desired skills and experience:
- Previous 3 to 5 star (4 red star) experience in a hotel environment would be advantageous
- Able to work well alone and as part of a small team
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Confident IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft.
- Previous use of the HMS (Hotel Management System) would be beneficial.
- Excellent team work, flexibility and communication skills.
- Be well presented and smart in appearance.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and cope well in a busy environment
This position is working 40 hours a week and shift patterns include:
- 7am - 3pm
- 10am - 6pm
- 1pm - 9pm
- 3pm - 11pm
You will be entitled to 30 days holiday (22 + 8 to cover Bank hols as expected to work most of these) to be taken during January and November. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established team as they strive to become a 5 star venue.