Departmental Finance Analyst
Departmental Financial Analyst
Our client is a global Talent Agency, headquartered in LA, USA but with multiple offices around the world. They are looking for a Departmental Finance Analyst for the Sports division in their London office.
The Departmental Financial Analyst will be a dedicated resource for the assigned Departments and Sports Management department, reporting to the VP of Finance for th Sports Division. The analyst will be responsible for all financial activities in the assigned Departments including the monthly, quarterly and annual analysis of revenues and operating expenses. The role includes assisting with the annual budget process and quarterly forecasting as well as the preparation of monthly actual vs. budget variance analysis, financial metrics and ad hoc analysis as directed. The analyst will work closely with his/her departmental business areas.
The Departmental Financial Analyst's responsibilities include the following:
- Cultivate relationships within the assigned Departments to build a robust communication network.
- Become the go-to financial resource for Department management, Agents and Assistants.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and client activity.
- Ensure all booking reports are accurate and entered into the accounting system on a timely basis.
- Analyze and follow up on open/future bookings to ensure commissions are collected on a timely basis.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating plan by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger (AX) and management reporting system (MR).
- Prepare monthly actual vs. budget reports for Department and Finance management.
- Analyze monthly variances to budget.
- Project revenues by analyzing booking report data and working closely with Department key contacts.
- Track financial metrics to spot trends and communicate performance to management.
- Respond to Management questions through research and analysis.
- Provide management reports and analysis as requested.
- Oversee department's booking activity.
- Complete system and process improvement projects as requested by Management.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Experience working in a Media organisation
- Minimum 2 years experience working in an accounting role
- Financial Analyst experience preferred
- Base salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.