Operation Associate (Hedge Fund)
Remuneration, £50,000 plus benefits, DOE
Our client is an investment management company based in City of London. Our client is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Community Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). The firm combines demonstrated trading experts with a strong emphasis on the proactive management of risk. Our client is committed to offering investors liquid and transparent investment opportunities. Our client is growing rapidly and as growth continues they are looking for a strong individual to grow within their organisation. Our client hosts several strategies including Irish UCITS and Cayman Hedge Funds.
Our client is looking for a new team member to join their Operations team based in London reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. The new hire will be part of a team of four who have shown an ability to lean quickly with no limitations on progression. A lot of responsibility will be entrusted from day one and there is room to develop the role with steady guidance.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Good interpersonal skills
- Natural problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of settlements, reconciliations and valuations
- Ability to process information quickly and under pressure
- Strong motivation to achieve success as part of a team
- Drive to constantly improve processes
- Knowledge of Eze Tradar advantageous
The successful candidate will ideally have at least two years’ experience working in the operations department of a hedge fund or similar dealing with settlement issues and NAV production.
- First point of contact for all trade related issues
- Transaction, cash and position reconciliations for ETDs, FX, CFDs and equities on a daily basis
- Confirmation of trades using Traiana
- Cash management
- Fails management
- Internal operational reporting
- Monitoring and posting corporate actions
- Managing relationships with counterparties, prime brokers and fund administrators
- Managing projects for process enhancements
- Analysis of P/L and NAV
- Discussion of issues with traders and counterparties
- Project work involving the improvement of systems and automation of reconciliations
- Attending local operational seminars
- Ad hoc projects
- Assisting with regulatory reporting
- Providing operational cover for full time resource of Proprietary Trading desk
Send your CV and a covering letter stating the vacancy you are applying for, where you heard about the vacancy, why you are suitable for this role and your current salary.