Head of Digital Planning & Performance
As the Head of Digital Planning & Performance for one of the big TMT players, your remit will be to establish and deliver the annual business plan for how digital channels will achieve sales and conversion volume and value metrics for the digital sales team.
How this translates in action - you will break down the annual plan into quarterly, monthly and weekly trading objectives - with you setting out associated forecasts for things like volume and response metrics, based on an understanding of market dynamics, product and proposition launches and also marketing support (campaigns, performance marketing spends, customer reward and incentive budgets, etc.).
When customer numbers are down and shortfalls need to be made up, you will be responsible for helping establish business cases for new initiatives - which can be giving direction to the propositions team to develop a new proposition in response to a competitor, or channel performance enhancement (e.g. moving more budget to PPC in an effort to increase traffic to site).
You will own the strategic propositions roadmap specific to all digital channels in order to drive sales, deliver to weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual targets, with the ambition of supporting the growth of digital channel share of sales.
You will have a broad section of stakeholders to build relationships with and engage from across commercial, digital and finance teams in order to develop and agree the roadmap and plans which are aligned to drive customer acquisition volumes across digital channels and also grow customer value.
There's a sizable budget for digital performance media under your gaze, with you being responsible for tweaking its use across all digital channels including affiliates, cashback sites, paid search and the likes, identifying and presenting opportunities to drive efficiencies in order to optimise returns.
You will have a couple of reports supporting you in execution. These will be Digital Propositions Managers, typically developing online exclusive solutions which help the digital channels perform better.
It's worth noting you don't need to be an ecommerce specialist to be successful in this role. The planning, forecasting skills are more important, along with evidenced experience of achieving objectives through influencing others and other teams who execute.
For more information please contact Colin Doree at Blue Pelican today!
Role: Head of Digital Planning & Performance
Salary: £70,000 to £75,000 base
Benefits: ~£5k car allowance, 15% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance, 25 days annual leave
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Previous experience within campaign planning, trading performance analysis within a sales and marketing, or digital / ecommerce planning within a marketing environment
- You've been responsible for things like annual planning cycles, looking at the marketing plan, carrying out a lot of analysis to help defining the business target for the year along with budgets required in order to successfully support its delivery, then translated that plan down into quarterly, monthly objectives.
- You've held responsibility for working with the marketers/ecommerce teams, propositions, channel and trading teams, looking at weekly trading numbers, channel performance and how things are progressing - tweaking activity to make up shortfalls without losing sight of the longer term objects or moving the plan too far away from bigger picture plans
- Be a numbers person - comfortable looking at trading and performance figures, drawing conclusions from these and synthesising appropriate strategies off the back of them
- Able to work with forecasting and manipulating marketing budgets used to drive sales through
- A great understanding of the mechanics of marketing and understanding channel performance
- You're able to get into the nitty-gritty of things, and comfortable working in big business environments, working with big budgets and complex campaign environments - so can deal with the scale and complexity, but can then translate this into clear plans of action - never losing sight of the bigger picture
- Good gravitas and impact when presenting to senior level business stakeholders
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the EU
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call and ask for the marketing division.