6 days left
- Full Time
Fully Qualified Financial Controller sought to join the London based Head Office of a c£100m turnover food and drink manufacturing and distribution business.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the production of financial accounting information including statutory accounts and annual report, and liaising with auditors and preparation of audit deliverables as appropriate.
- Preparation, analysis, and commentary of monthly management accounts, including review and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations. Responsibility for the investigation of variances, and correction where required.
- Prepare weekly/monthly sales margin reports and explain variances.
- Manage Head Office Finance team, along with management of two off site based Management Accountants.
- In conjunction with the FD maintain and develop monthly reporting of performance to directors and senior managers.
- Support the commercial team and the rest of the business to analyse various aspects of business performance to enable optimum business decision making.
- Monitoring of marketing budget and sales revenue over-rider’s monthly.
- In conjunction with the FD, develop, implement and enhance tender pricing model
Applicants for the post of Financial Controller should be Fully Qualified and have proven experience in the management, motivation and development of a finance team.
The candidate should possess excellent communication skills, be strong in Excel, have a good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and have some systems management experience, including exposure to ERP systems.
Strong written reporting skills essential, as are numeric/strong analytical and problem-solving skills and you must have the ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to detail, and meeting deadlines.
You will have acquired several years’ experience in a similar sized business, and any prior experience in dealing with major multiple supermarkets would be most advantageous but by no means essential. Exposure to EDI trading and over riders would be useful and a background in wholesale/retail businesses would be similarly advantageous.
Proactive and outgoing by nature, you are a natural problem solver who is results driven.