Strategic Account Manager - Publishing
5 days left
- Full Time
Job Title:Account Manager - i & iNews.co.uk
Summary of the role
- i Newspaper has been bought by Johnston Press from ESI to create a strong National/Regional/Local proposition to take to market. The i, currently National Newspaper of the Year, now has the opportunity to grow into an even stronger proposition for advertisers through its multiplatform offering. As an AD you will be responsible developing your commercial strategy for a set of agencies and client across print and digital, and as part of a collaborative and innovative team deliver the objectives across the i business and the wider JP.
- Aid the delivery the commercial targets, and deliver individual goals
- Maintain and develop trading relationships with the key media agencies and clients
- Help build and deliver a compelling sales narrative to take to market
- Work with Head of Sales, Account Directors and the Editorial team to develop commercial content offering that is multiplatform and utilises the digital tools available via 1XL*
- Work in collaboration with Media Force, our JP National Sales partner, to package other Quality titles such as The Scotsman and Yorkshire Post and digital segments from the 1XL platform.
- Be accountable to the Head of Sales and wider i team in monitoring your business
- Ensure operational efficiency and delivery, right first time approach*
*The 1XL platform has a UK comScore user reach of over 26M monthly users or 54% of internet users and offers access to around 400M monthly page views and over 1Bn ad views. Only the Mail Online offers a larger news audience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Track record of commercial success
- Strong communicator
- Understanding of the Digital media landscape
- Knowledge of media agencies and established relationships across buyers and planners
- A driven individual who will make an impact in the delivery of the strategic business goal.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit
- Previous experience in multi-media industry
- Interpersonal Skills: Easily builds lasting, constructive and mutually beneficial relationships with other individuals and groups
- Intelligence: Is intelligent and capable, deals with concepts and complexity comfortably, is good a learning and deciphering new knowledge, able to assimilate new skills independently.
- Integrity & Building Trust -Is respected as a credible source and a proven confidant, widely trusted and acts with integrity.
Analytical and Decision Making
Analysis & Decision making
Use Financial Data
Apply Financial Acumen
Delegate & Coordinate
Actively engages with others
Pro-active across the team
Engaging with all
Coach and develop
Develop Organisational Talent
Working with Change
- Flexible approach to working hours in line with the needs of the business
- Willing to network with the local business community outside normal working hours
- Able to travel as required by the role to provide equal strategic direction across the business area
Key internal relationships:
Mediaforce JP Sales Directors, Editorial, Marketing and other Central Services, Media Sales Contact Centre
Key external relationships:
Media Agencies and Clients