Group Financial Controller
My client, an exciting SME retail organisation is looking for a Financial Controller to play a pivotal role within the business. With continuous year on year growth this is a great time for an ambitious candidate to make their mark and drive the company forward.
The Financial Controller will report up to the Finance Director but work closely with the Directors across the business. You will be responsible for providing financial accounting and control to the company whilst driving a 'continuous improvement' culture.
Other key responsibilities include -
- Support the Finance Director with governance related and other ad-hoc projects
- Manage and own the month end close processes and ensure that the balance sheet reconciles
- Continuously look for, and implement system and process improvements
- Own accuracy of customer and product margin accuracy through management and control of the stock costing/valuation
- Lead the Statutory audit process and be key point of contact for the external auditors
- Manager regulatory tax and compliance requirements
- Manage and develop a team of 3 finance professionals
Candidate requirements -
- Experience managing a small to medium sized high performing finance team
- A technical & system focused accountant with experience managing tax and compliance
- Experience in working with multiple currencies
- Professionally qualified accountant (ACA preferred).
- At least 5 years' PQE with financial accounting experience encompassing management and financial reporting.
- Sector experience required (experience managing stock)
- Have worked and thrived in a fast moving and dynamic commercial organisation
- Highly driven individual with a hands-on deck mentality