Software Engineers - Ruby on Rails
5 days left
- Full Time
Ruby on Rails Software Engineers / Developers required to join Agile Software Development team of an exciting High Tech organisation based in Farnborough, Hampshire.
Working in a team of 20 you will design and development applications as part of a Scrum and engineering team. These are secure, high performing and scalable applications and services that enable them to achieve goals.
Essential skills are:
- Strong Ruby on Rails and ideally Java or Python. Multiple language experience advantageous.
- SQL and No SQL databases - able design queries, schemas and basic tuning against MySQL/MariaDB and/or MongoDB.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI/CD), including build scripts and version management tools
- Experience working in agile teams and practices, e.g. Scrum and eXtreme Programming
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of the principals of virtualisation with VMware or OpenStack, AWS/Azure
- In depth knowledge of security coding practices (OWASP and similar)
- Demonstrable expertise in design and implementation of testing frameworks, for example Unit Testing, BDD/TDD, Performance Testing and Security Testing (Fuzz)
If you want to work in a rapidly expanding company that relies on the technology and solutions provided by its innovative staff then apply now.
Salary £45K - £60K depending on experience plus 10% bonus and benefits including pension.