Junior ICT Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior IT technician to join a successful London based team.
The role will suit someone with basic experience though we will be happy to consider someone at a junior level, ideally with a relevant ICT qualification or Degree.
You will be supporting ICT in an educational environment working with people of all ages and abilities.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion and interest in working in a school environment and working as part of a cohesive team. You will need to have good skills in IT and have excellent communication skills.
Purpose of the job:
• To provide day to day 1st line support to users
• Maintenance of the IT systems including hardware, software and peripherals.
• To provide solutions to problems and resolve issues that are logged on our helpdesk.
• To utilise client cloud based solutions, backups and keep systems up to date.
Main Duties :
• Carry out regular checks to ensure equipment is correctly functioning and is safe for use.
• Replace consumables and parts as required (e.g. toner cartridges, missing keyboards, PC parts, damaged screens, cables and mouse’s)
• Undertake filter cleaning of projectors around school and maintenance of smartboards.
• Audits of equipment as and when required
• To undertake PC repairs and liaise with Senior team members for best possible solutions on hardware repairs
• Setting up IT elements ready for assemblies (sound, visual, projector)
• Helping resolve software issues where necessary
• Installing software on PC’s where necessary
• Ensure correct disposal of unwanted/faulty ICT and electronic equipment via WEEE electrical.
• Produce documentation/guides to aid staff in using the ICT equipment
• Troubleshooting and resolving printer issues (Paper tray settings, unjamming paper, replacing rollers, toner and general maintenance)
• Working with servers, domains and networks
• Compliance with the health and safety policy undertaking risk assessments as appropriate.
• Adhering to the safeguarding policy.
Personal Attributes and Personal Qualities:
• A strong passion for learning and to develop skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and also independently
• Ability to organise, plan and prioritise time effectively
• Honest, trustworthy, reliable and punctual
• Enthusiasm, drive and a genuine desire to progress a career in the IT industry in a similar support/systems role.
• The successful candidate for this job role must have a full enhanced DBS check before starting work.
• Candidates must be willing to travel between sites, own transport desirable but not essential.