Corporate Immigration Supervisor Solicitor
5 days left
- Full Time
Due to our recent growth we are now seeking an experienced Solicitors and Supervising Solicitor with keen business acumen to manage a growing caseload in the immigration department. As the first point of contact for the department you will report to the senior team members and management on a regular basis.
The core requirements for this role are:
- Experience in practicing Immigration Law as a Solicitor
- Detailed knowledge of PBS system
- Knowledge of Tier 1 Entrepreneur and Investor Visa
- Knowledge of Tier 2 sponsor license compliance and sponsorship duties
- Knowledge of all areas of Individual Immigration, Appeal and Judicial Review
- Business Immigration client following preferred
- Manage a team made up of paralegals, caseworkers and solicitors
- Day to day management of the immigration team ensuring they meet expected chargeable and billing targets.
- Ensure smooth running of the immigration department including overseeing, rate of conversions from telephone enquiries and consultations, initiate marketing activities, talent sourcing for new recruits, compliance management and solicitor accounts rules.
- Working cohesively and liaison with the legal cashier and management daily.
- Manage case load of Individual Immigration and Business Immigration cases and enquiries
- Responsible for casework assignments and applications which could include Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa, Tier 1 Investor Visa, Tier 2 Sponsorship License, Tier 2 Sponsor License compliance audits, complex PBS cases, Family Visa, Visitor Visa, Business Visitor Visa, Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), British nationality, Appeals and Judicial Review.
- Meet with clients for the initial consultation, successfully convert clients to instruct and gather information for the application process
- Effective delegation to junior members and preparation of the client file including client care letter, checklist, legal representation.
- Provide correct advice to clients.
- Work effectively and efficiently to deal with all types of clients
- Advise, assess and collect relevant documents for immigration process.
- Submit applications prepared to the highest standard to the Home Office or other relevant authorities.
- Liaise and work closely with other fee earners in the team and clients.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest relevant legislation and policy changes and provide regular team training.
- Undertake appeal work and representation.
- Comply and deliver within set deadlines.
- You will have the ability to supervise your own caseload as well as the ability to build a client base and develop the department.
- Instigate, and respond to any complaints in line with the Company’s complaints procedure.
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales through an accredited law school
- must be admitted to practice in England and Wales
- Remain Efficient and Productive Under Pressure
- It is essential you possess a minimum of 5 year PQE in private immigration law both non-points based and business immigration/points based caseload.
- Previous experience of managing a small team of fee-earners.
- Deliver Highest Level of Service to all Clients
- Multilingual Preferred but not essential
- Client following preferred but not essential
- Good Legal Writing and Drafting Skills / IT and Microsoft Office Literate
- Immigration [All types of Entry Clearance Visas, Further Leave to Remain and ILR]
- Appeals [All types of Appeals at First Tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal]
- Judicial Review
- PBS [Tier 1 Investor and Entrepreneur Visa, Tier 2, Tier 4, Sponsorship Licenses]
- EU Law [Residence Application, Family Permit, Settlement]
- Asylum [Pre-asylum interview, Interview attendance, Fresh Claims]
- Human Rights [Article 8 and Article 3 Applications and Long residence]
- Nationality law [Naturalisation application, UK Ancestry, British Passport]
- You will be a highly motivated, resourceful self-starter with a positive can-do manner.
- You will understand our Company culture and team values and embrace and promote them.
- You will be charismatic and engaging.
- You will be a good workload planner who can manage time vs. tasks.
- You are self-disciplined, consistent and reliable.
- You have excellent inter-personal skills.
- You will build relationships with key internal and external contacts.
- You are outgoing and will approach your work with positive energy.
- You lead by example.
- You have the ability to delegate.
- You take a responsible approach to Health and Safety on and off site.
- You take a responsible approach to coaching and training with a special focus on performance and motivation.
- Your communications skills will be excellent, your colleagues and external contacts will be properly informed and you will always endeavor to exceed their expectations.
- You will aim to get the best out of the others and supervise the team in a way that achieves results and develops their potential.