Hair and Media Makeup Lecturer
Hair and Media Makeup Lecturer
Based in London
£25,000 - £30,000
Full-time and Part-time hours available
Our client is a Specialist Vocational College, established in 1995 for Beauty, Retail, Holistic and related sectors and is one of the largest Beauty Therapy College's nationally, widely renowned within the Beauty Industry.
About the Hair and Media Makeup Lecturer
* You will be responsible for a number of learners in the capacity of both tutor and assessor
* You are to support and guide the students at all times to ensure that the learning is fun, interesting, relevant, challenging and appropriate
* You are to guide and support them through the assessments, providing effective verbal and written feedback to ensure learners develop their skills and have a clear understanding on their ILP goals and targets
* To deliver and support learning through formal scheduled high quality teaching, on subjects from the range of Hairdressing and Hair and Media Make-Up courses ranging from Level 1, 2 and 3 Diplomas
* To have a fully completed lesson plan before each lesson, with the evaluation to be completed after the lesson
* To engage all learners in the planning and delivery of lessons, ensuring that a differentiation of strategies and techniques are employed in all sessions
In addition, to thoroughly guide learners through their portfolio building and development at all stages of the course, completing units when all the evidence has been assessed and achieved.
To ensure effective continuous assessment and action planning of learner's portfolios throughout their programme.
Duties as an Assessor include:
* Working with and liaising with your Internal Verifier, assessing and marking learner's assignments, tests and examinations within the agreed two week turn around window, with clear and constructive feedback and assessing all units on both VRQ/NVQ levels 1, 2 and 3
It is desirable that you can work effectively, efficiently and flexibly, can manage work efficiently and have Supervisory/Management experience.
Have good communication and organisation skills.
It is essential that you hold a NVQ/Diploma Hair and Media Make-up, up to Level 3, BTEC National Diploma, ITEC or equivalent qualification.
It is beneficial that you have a PTTLS or/and an Assessor Award, but is not essential.
You will, however, be required to obtain at least one of them within a 6-month period.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 16 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation. We see each applicant as an individual and will treat you accordingly.
We would love to talk to you to give you more information about our client and discuss the role.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.