5 days left
- Full Time
This is a full time, permanent position.
Our client, an independent Chartered Accountant based in Buckinghamshire is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join their large offices in Beaconsfield. If you believe you have a good working knowledge of bookkeeping packages and have a 'can-do’ attitude, this role may be for you.
Duties will include:
- Carry out bookkeeping and data processing using accounting systems of the client or appropriate accounting system
- Maintain purchase ledger, sales ledger and nominal ledgers
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of all control accounts
- Calculate and process monthly journals for repayment/accruals/depreciation/payroll and other monthly adjustments
- Prepare VAT returns in advance of deadline for review and sign off
- Complete assignments for clients, managers & supervisors to required standard
- Prepare management accounts file in required format and structure
- Manages portfolio to ensure work completed to client’s timetable expectations
- Meeting deadlines and dates set
- Completion and submission of timesheets within set deadlines
- Effective use of IT including Microsoft Excel & Outlook and accounts packages
- Maintain client confidentiality outside the office including on client premises
Special requirements include:
- Preferably to have at least 4 years’ work experience within a practice
- Preferably to be qualified
- Confidentiality is a must
- Good working knowledge of bookkeeping packages
- Computer literate when using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent telephone manner - clear and well spoken
- This person must possess strong organisational and good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ideally proven experience in providing excellent client care.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in their work.
- A 'can-do’ attitude is vital
- The ability to use their own initiative & work proactively
- Excellent time management
- Professional appearance for client-facing meetings
- Must enjoy working as part of a team