IT and Facilities Support Officer
In excess of £26,000 pa| 35 hours pw (usual hours 8.30am - 4.30pm)
If delivering great service in both IT and facilities to an enthusiastic workforce excites you, we’d love to hear from you!
This is a great opportunity to develop your technology skills, giving a wide variety of 'hands on’ experience in a digitally focused organisation and would suit someone who is looking to grow into a future career in IT. We’re looking for someone who can help our small IT team provide high-quality first line IT support to enable our circa 80+ staff to work productively, as well as supporting the efficient and smooth running of our London office facilities, ensuring a secure and safe working environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with the IT Support Analyst to provide proactive first line support for Asthma UK’s network users, ensuring that a high level of service is achieved at all times
- You will assist the IT team in managing the day-to-day administration of Asthma UK’s network, telephony systems and applications, including cloud services such as Office 365
- You will help to oversee all day-to-day aspects of facilities at our London office, ensuring our working environment meets the needs of staff; in conjunction with HR, you will help ensure that our offices are a healthy and safe place to work
- You will also manage tasks such as inbound/outbound post and help prepare rooms for meetings.
You will need:
- An understanding of great customer service and a passion for customer care
- A good general understanding of routine PC hardware and software issues
- Familiarity with the standard range of Microsoft Office applications
- A logical mind for troubleshooting
- A working knowledge of office machinery, including photocopiers and franking machines
- An understanding of facilities operations in an office environment
- To be able to work on your own initiative with little supervision and a willingness to get stuck in and help!
Come and make a difference
There is nothing as terrifying as the feeling of not being able to breathe or watching helplessly as a loved one struggles for breath. Although asthma affects 1 in 5 households in the UK it is, mistakenly, seen to be 'sorted’. It’s not. In the UK today, every 10 seconds someone has a potentially fatal asthma attack. Every day the lives of three families are devastated by the death of a loved one to an asthma attack. Tragically, the majority of these could be prevented right now with the right basic care. Others still suffer with asthma so severe current treatments don’t work. This has to change. That’s why Asthma UK exists.
This is a great place to work!
With around 80 people, we are a tight team working together to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. Our recent staff survey shows that alongside having a decidedly high performance culture Asthma UK is probably the friendliest place most people have worked, with great opportunities for development.
For a full job description and person specification, and to apply, please click on the Apply link now!
Closing date for applications: Sunday 5 February 2017 at midnight.