Pension Fund Accountant
6 days left
- Full Time
My client manage a large pension fund for various public sector orginisations and due to internal restructures currently have an urgent need for a Pension Fund Accountant to review and propose the structure of the accounts and carry out the final accounts audit until completion.
- Lead on pension fund accounting, performance measurement and reporting matters (weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual)
- Support middle office/ investment operations for in-house managed assets and new investment structures
- Manage relevant external reporting
- Manage and develop relationship with custodians and depositaries
- Manage year end fund financial reporting and liaising with both internal and external auditors
- Monthly monitoring of investment valuations and performance provide appropriate analysis and insight.
- Gain a good knowledge and understanding of the current activities in the investment team and ensure that all financial aspects are considered. Enable investment activity by ensuring that the financial infrastructure is in place to support the activity, including acting as both a middle and back office function for direct investment and/or new investment structures
- Maintain models for investment fee agreements and monitor effectively, challenging where appropriate.
- Take the lead in building a good working relationship with custodians and depositaries; ensure that the arrangement both meets the needs of the organisation and delivers good value for money.
- Review Investment Committee papers for financial aspects and provide written comments in time for committee deadlines.`
- Provide a back office function to support direct dealing in equities and any other investment structure that has not been used before.
- Producing investment financial reports and statements at year end and liaising as the point of contact on the pension fund accounts with both internal and external auditors when required.
- Must have Pension Fund Accounting Experience and be a fully Qualified Accountant
- Should have a proactive and positive attitude with a flexible approach to work as may be needed to support the wider Finance team as required, and have a real focus on delivery.
Desirable Skills & Experience in:
- IMC qualified level 1 and 2