Accounts Payable Supervisor Uxbridge
The role of Accounts Payable Supervisor:
To oversee the day to day running of the Accounts Payable section, adhering to the set deadlines and ensuring that the business maximises potential from the Accounts Payable processes including cash management, supplier discount and the development of efficient staff, systems and procedures.
To ensure adequate control of invoice approval and payments are strictly maintained at all times.
To ensure adequate control and a smooth flow of invoices and supporting documents from the point of receipt to payment and archiving.
Your key tasks will involve:
- Manage and develop a team of eight staff.
- Maintain various overhead and stock creditor ledgers.
- Ensure all invoices are checked, approved and processed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Ensure payments to landlords for rent, service charge and insurance are properly controlled and reconciled on a regular basis.
- Approve weekly cheques and BACS payment runs ensuring full advantage of supplier discount terms is taken.
- Ensure supplier statements and supplier ledger accounts are regularly reconciled and that any resulting discrepancies are promptly resolved.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable stock receipts, returns and overall stock balance on a monthly basis to the SAP system.
- Verify all invoices relating to direct sourcing of products and produce a costing summary at period end.
- Reconcile royalty, supplier retention and various prepayment accounts on a periodic basis.
- Ensure supplier payments by direct debit are properly controlled to avoid duplicate payments.
- Produce aged creditors and supplier turnover reports on a periodic basis.
- Resolve any abnormal items and debit balances discovered promptly.
- Reconcile supplier payment runs with cashiers department to ensure the supplier ledgers reflect a true and accurate position of amounts owed at all times.
- Open new supplier accounts in line with the company policy. Strictly adhere to the agreed policies when setting up new suppliers and their corresponding bank details on the system.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with all internal and external contacts.
- Continuously review and improve internal processes to maximise efficiency of the team and ensure adequate control is maintained on the payment process and the adequate flow of documents.
- Liaison with suppliers and internal departments to resolve any queries.
- Ensure confidential paperwork is securely stored including used and unused cheques.
- Ensure prompt, safe and secure archiving of all invoices and related documents
- Liaison with the external auditors at year end.
- Promptly escalate any issues/discrepancies discovered to the Group Financial Controller.
- Assist with adhoc projects as and when required.
To be successfully selected for an interview it is essential you have the following:
- Worked in AP for 5 years or more
- Experienced people manager of a team of 5+ FTE's
- Heavy user of SAP / SAP knowledge (a must)
- Payment run handling/management
- Month/Year End experience (eg. Balance Sheet reconciliations)
- Process improvement/Project experience (preferable)
- Worked in an SSC environment (preferable)
- Flexi working hours
- Pension scheme
- Company discounts across the brand
- Free on site car park