Field Based Hands on Network Technician - Slough
Job Summary Network Technician
We are looking for Network/Data Centre Technician to work in field operations roles from various Data Centres, based in Slough or Amsterdam. To be suitable for the role, you must have prior experience of working in telecoms field environments installing, commissioning and operating transmission and data networks so a thorough knowledge of PDH / SDH and DWDM is required along with CCNA certification as a minimum.
This position will require travelling to global locations throughout various times of the year. This a major requirement for the position.
Salaries on offer are £30,000 - £35,000 in London and €40,000 - €45,000 in Amsterdam. Upon completion of your probation you will also be eligible for discretionary bonus depending on KPI's.
Our customer install and support a range of manufacturer’s equipment for their clients networks, prior experience of Nortel, Ciena, Cisco and Juniper would be an advantage.
* Equipment and infrastructure installation
* Fibre/Copper patching
* Cable/SDH/Ethernet testing
* Liaise with internal departments to resolve customer affecting issues
* Monitors systems / services performance and diagnoses problems through analysis and rectify where possible
* Provide 1st/2nd line support, liaising with the network and provisioning operation teams as required, checking and executing fault or provisioning management tasks
* Interpret system / service reports to determine root cause of incidents, escalating as required
* Cisco CCNA with minimum 5 years’ experience working with data networking devices.
* Knowledge of optical transmission - PDH / SDH / DWDM.
* Good communication skills, ability to clearly articulate solutions to the customer and escalate as required
KHR are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy