Contracts Manager - Development and Regeneration
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to join our team on a 12 month fixed-term contract covering maternity leave. Based in our Southgate office, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the developments undertaken by Metropolitan Development Services in support of delivery of Metropolitan`s overall development and asset management programme.
You will be working closely with the Project Quantity Surveyors and with other team members for the co-ordination, implementation and delivery of the business plan. Additionally, you will liaise with external and internal customers to ensure that MHP delivers homes that people wish to live in.
This is an exciting and diverse role that will involve nationwide travel dependent upon contract requirements.
About the job:
- Exercise a high standard of scheme work decision making, administration, programming and control, working with consultants and internal and external partners. Ensure delivery is achieved in conjunction with other development team members.
- To be the conduit between external and internal customers to ensure that information flow and communication is effective. To closely liaise with the New Homes Team and work within the Project Teams.
- To participate in preparing scheme appraisals for the approval of internal appraisal panels to enable assessment of viability and risk associated with proposed schemes and for bids.
- Delivery of development programmers on time and to required quality
- Assist in the compilation of bids.
- Report regularly against key milestones.
- Work with Commercial team to co ordinate monthly project review and Capital monitoring reporting meetings.
- Prepare reports for internal committees and external clients as required.
- To prepare and give presentations as necessary.
- Resolve contractual and legal problems using legal advisers.
- Deliver on agreed schemes within timescales and agreed costs
- Produce accurate reports for submission as required.
- Customer satisfaction with product (measured through PORS and End of Term Reviews)
- Compliance with defined standards, policies, procedures, standing orders and statutory requirements and recognised good practice
- A sound understanding of project management, the development process and property and contract law
-Section 106 and Development Contract experience
- High standard of literacy and numeracy
- Strong computer literacy, including the ability to learn new software packages
- Positive attitude to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Previous experience working within a Housing Association is desirable
**Shortlisting for this role will take place on Wednesday 8th February**
**Interviews will take place on Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd February**