One of our prestigious clients with a household name, is looking to recruit a Financial Controller to be based at their London Head Office. They are a £100m turnover distribution business who continue to expand and grow at an impressive rate.
Based at their Head Office in South East London, you will report directly into the Finance Director and play a key role in the UK Finance Team. Working closely with the owner of the business as well as another divisional MD, your duties will include:
- Assisting in the production of financial accounting information including statutory accounts and annual report, and liaising with auditors and preparation of audit deliverables as appropriate.
- Preparation, analysis, and commentary of monthly management accounts, including review and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations. Responsibility for the investigation of variances, and correction where required.
- Prepare weekly/monthly sales margin reports and explain variances.
- Management of 2 credit controllers.
- Overseeing the work of the Divisional Management Accountants on a remote basis
- In conjunction with the FD maintain & develop monthly reporting of performance to directors and senior managers.
- In conjunction with the FD develop, implement & enhance export reporting that enables the business to critically evaluate the division’s performance.
- Support the commercial team and the rest of the business to analyse various aspects of business performance to enable optimum business decision making.
- Monitoring of marketing budget and sales revenue over-riders on a monthly basis.
- The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA or equivalent).
- Preferable background in a wholesale/retail environment but not essential. It would be an advantage to have dealt with the Major multiple supermarkets and have exposure to EDI trading and over-riders.
- The candidate should possess excellent communication skills, be strong in Excel, have a good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and have some systems management experience.
- Strong written reporting skills.
- Numeric/strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work as part of a team but also be a self-starter.
- Experience in working in a commercial environment with at least 3 years recent experience for a similar sized business.
- A lively out-going character with a very proactive and challenging approach to problem solving and work in general.
- A 'can-do’ attitude.
- Should be very results driven.
- Strong IT skills with exposure to ERP systems.
If this sounds like an ideal opportunity for you, and you come with the relevant experience, then please contact Samantha Harris for a confidential discussion.