PSR Solutions are currently recruiting for a Planning Engineer position for a project based in the Ipswich area working for a long standing and established civil engineering contractor with national capabilities. The main purpose of the role is to progress the construction process and assist in delivery of the project.
The main purpose of this role is to provide support to the pre-contract tender team, finding solutions to engineering problems and planning bid winning methods of construction, programming and bid writing.
The successful candidate will be conversant with programming software, such as Asta or Microsoft Project, and will have an HNC, HND or degree standard, civil engineering qualification and be comfortable working in a team.
A first-class civil engineering contractor who is a regionally structured civil engineering firm with national capabilities.
Highways and heavy civil projects.
- Provide advice and assistance on planning, programming, methods of construction and solutions to engineering problems.
- Ensure that any programmes and supporting documents produced, comply with all scheme specific constraints.
- Ensure that while planning each tender, all possible alternative methods and strategies have been considered and discussed with the tender team.
- Provide supporting documents for each tender submission as required.
- Review all sub-contracted design work with respect to buildability and tender compliance, seeking advice from the Design Manager when necessary.
- Keep up to date with industry developments, innovations and legislation
- We're after someone with outstanding communication, commercial and people management skills, which is also able to manage complex, multi- work steam opportunities.
The package comes with life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
If this is something that is of interest to you please contact me on or on .