Building Services Engineer (Asset Performance) - Consulting Engineers
Our client is a leading global engineering consultancy specialising in Building Services Design for major cross sector construction developments. They are experts in high specification MEP engineering services, BMS, Fire Engineering & Creative Lighting design development with offices in Australia & Europe.
They are currently recruiting for an Asset Performance Engineer to work with the Asset Performance Director focusing on large scale existing building stock for major clients, providing analysis, condition auditing, energy audits, review of FM vendor contracts and MEP upgrade/refurbishment strategies.
-Take a lead role in establishing advice given to clients for selected projects undertaken by Asset Performance, London.
- Undertake and direct Asset Performance commissions for selected projects in a variety of sectors, including commercial, technology, sports and recreation centres, education facilities, commercial, retail, health, refurbishments or tenancy fit-outs.
- Act as project co-ordinator on selected Asset Performance projects - responsible for the firm’s overall involvement on the project and the administration of interfaces between disciplines.
- Review design work carried out under Asset Performance commissions whether by Asset Performance staff or by other disciplines to ensure that high design standards are maintained.
- Liaise with Contractors and Sub-Contractors to address construction related issues.
- Review technical submissions by Contractors and Sub-Contractors against the specified requirements.
- Review the quality of construction or maintenance provided against the specified requirements.
- Attend site meetings as appropriate and report on the status of the work and any items of concern.
- Actively market the clients services and particularly those of Asset Performance through project involvement, including contacting and visiting potential clients.
- Prepare and submit proposals for projects, in association with the Asset Performance Manager or other senior management of the firm.
- Participate in regular section meetings to discuss client issues, proposals, new opportunities and marketing strategies.
- Take an active role in establishing the procedures, standards and specifications to be used for Asset Performance within London.
- Liaise with Project Co-ordinators of other disciplines teams.
- Take responsibility for financial performance of projects under your direct control.
- Assist the Asset Performance Manager to overview financial performance of the Asset Performance group in the London office as a whole.
- Ensure that contracts are appropriately administered, fee invoices are submitted regularly and fee variation claims supported and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Participate in regular meetings as required to discuss management and financial matters.
- Ensure the business wide Quality System is implemented and maintained on projects.
- Ensure project briefs are prepared for all projects.
- Ensure the highest standards of performance and conduct are maintained at all times.
This is an excellent opportunity for a degree qualified building services engineer with experience of Facilities Management Consultancy and Building Energy Performance and Condition Auditing.
My client can offer a competitive base salary, pension and comprehensive benefits as well as continued professional development and the opportunity to work on a wide range of interesting projects within an excellent work environment.
Please contact Salvatore Vaccaro, Recruitment Manager for further details.