Design Technology Technician
School: Hundred of Hoo School
Job Title:- Design Technology Technician
Required:- October 2012
Salary: Up to £10,000
Hours:- 22.5 hours per week, 40 weeks PA
The Hundred of Hoo School is a large school with a Sixth Form. We gained foundation status in January 2009 and became a National Challenge Trust School in January 2010. The successful partnership with 'the Math' was further strengthened in September 2011, when we converted to Academy status as part of the Williamson Trust.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious Design Technology Technician to start in October 2012.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
You will be responsible for providing a well-equipped and maintained practical area and the apparatus required to enable class teachers to conduct lessons effectively and safely. You will also be providing practical support in the preparation, storage, maintenance and replenishment of materials and resources (particularly in the areas of Art/Design Technology, including basic ICT functioning in the designated areas.
- Preparing and setting up equipment
- Testing stock and equipment
- Ordering equipment and materials
- Undertaking constructional work
- Demonstrating operation of equipment
- Previous experience in either a Technician post of similar field
- Ability to organise own time to ensure that resources are available and operating when required
- Ability to carry out first line maintenance of apparatus and equipment within a Technology Department
To apply or further details are available from Tracy Wisdom at our partner Capita Education Resourcing, tel. 0800 831 8883 or e-mail
* Please note that applications for the Hundred of Hoo School will only be accepted through Tracy Wisdom at Capita Education *
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check being undertaken before the position commences.