Teacher of English (possible TLR)
Capita Education are currently recruiting on behalf of Northfleet School for Girls based in Gravesend (Kent) for a Teacher of English to start in January 2013.
Northfleet School for Girls is a highly successful and ambitious 11-18 school. Recently rebuilt, the Learning Trust offering an exciting opportunity to teach in a collegiate atmosphere where their motto is "Always Learning, Learning All Ways" applies to everyone. Situated within easy reach of London and Ebbsfleet, the school has a strong sense of community and a belief in the values of self and social responsibility.
This excellent opportunity for a Teacher of English (possible TLR) to join a team of specialist subject teachers who have led recent major improvements in their results, this is also an opportunity to develop skills and qualities for future leadership.
- To facilitate and encourage learning which enables students to achieve high standards and to share and support the corporate responsibility for the well-being, education and discipline of all students.
- Creating a high quality sharing, caring learning environment in which everyone is a successful learner and achieves and enjoys learning.
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with school policies and demonstrate good practice with regard to attendance, appearance, punctuality, behaviour, etc.
- Facilitating learning using a wide range of strategies and resources to motivate student learning including through the development of appropriate schemes of work and teaching and learning materials.
- Being responsible for ensuring that up to date records of student achievement and quality assurance processes are maintained.
- Actively participating in appropriate meetings with parents, colleagues and others relative to the role to ensure students make progress.
- Actively participating with colleagues in meetings and discussions on professional issues and continuous professional development to support a commitment to lifelong learning. Including keeping up to date with pedagogy to support the whole school aims and community.
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Principles and practices of effective learning and teaching
- Preparation of schemes of work and lessons
- Knowledge and understanding of subject area(s)
- Principles and practices of monitoring, assessment and evaluation
- The innovative application of information and communications technologies to learning and teaching in subject areas
- An ability to lead both students and colleagues in your specialist skills areas
- A good role model for behaviours and attitudes
- A sense of humour
- Strong behavioural management
The school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check being undertaken before the position commences.