SCHOOL LABORTORY TECHNICIAN
HUNDRED OF HOO SCHOOL, KENT, ME3 9HH
SCHOOL SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
COMMENCING: SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2012
HOURS: 37 HOURS PER WEEK, 40 WEEKS PA
Hundred of Hoo School is seeking an ambitious Science Technician to start in September/October 2012. Under the guidance of the Senior Laboratory Technician, you will be responsible for providing a well-equipped and maintained practical area and the apparatus required to enable the class teacher to conduct the lesson. You will also be providing practical support in the preparation of materials and resources in the areas of science, including physics.
- Preparing and setting up physics equipment and materials required for experiments, demonstrations and class practical work in general.
- Testing physics stock and equipment used for teaching and learning, ensuring basic safety checks are carried out and Health and Safety requirements are adhered to.
- Undertaking stock control and inventory checks, ensuring appropriate records are kept.
- Undertaking constructional work including the making of ancillary equipment for teaching aids as well as the organisation, storage of equipment to members of staff where this requires the application of acquired skills.
- Clearing away, washing and cleaning apparatus/equipment used for demonstration and practical purposes.
- Keeping a clean, tidy and safe environment, ensuring the maintenance of bench tops, fittings and where necessary other equipment within the area of responsibility.
- Communicating on a daily basis with staff within the school, demonstrating equipment or supporting them as required.
- Demonstrating experiments or operation of equipment
- Do you have:-
- GCSE Grades C and above in English, Maths and Physics
-Previous experience as a physics technician or similar experience
- The ability to carry out first line management of apparatus and equipment
- Excellent organisation skills, ensuring resources are available and operational when required and work to tight deadlines
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team - Excellent interpersonal skills
If you have the experience and want to continue your career in this rewarding work environment, then apply now at www.capitapermpartners.co.uk or call Tracy Wisdom on 07788 303367
* Please note that applications for the Hundred of Hoo School will only be accepted through Tracy Wisdom at Capita Education *
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check being undertaken before the position commences.