Test Engineer - Newbury - £20,000 to £30,000
You will work centrally with Solution Consultants, Project Managers, Developers and Test Professionals to ensure that customer-derived business requirements translate to testable Stories, and will then undertake focussed testing to ensure that functionality delivered meets the defined success criteria prior to release.
You will be positioned in a key testing role where you will have the opportunity to directly impact upon the quality of our customer deliverables by working alongside domain experts.
You will report to the Test Manager and will be required to give regular progress updates on your own work. This is an important role for the business and a genuine opportunity to make a difference to the quality of solutions that are delivered to our customers.
A very attractive benefits package including: Permanent health insurance, Private medical insurance, 8% company contribution of salary to pension scheme, 25 days paid annual leave plus statutory holidays, rising to 27 after one year of service.
Test Engineer - Newbury - £20,000 to £30,000 - Depending on experience
Specification - You don't need them all but the more the better. Personality is also key.
- Degree educated or possess the ISEB / ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Able to define and demonstrate how the scientific process is applicable to software testing.
- A minimum of one year of practical black box test experience working on customer projects including integrations.
- A proven track record of testing and delivering against customer business requirements and use cases.
- Practical experience of producing documentation in accordance with IEEE 829 Standard for Software Test Documentation.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle using either a V-Model or Agile methodology.
- Understanding of the scientific method: observation and evidence gathering, deduction, prediction, testing of hypotheses, recording results.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems.
- You will be passionate about the use of mobile technology in the modern world, and capable of translating that passion into an enthusiastic approach to your work, inspiring others to always deliver the best possible user experience that can be achieved.
- Experience testing in relation to mobile workforce solutions is highly advantageous.
Apply today and I'll be in touch to discuss further.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com