Job Title: Management Accountant
Employer: NHS Foundation Trust
Rate: £20 per hour (negotiable)
Contract: 3-6 months
An NHS Foundation Trust on the South Coast requires an interim Management Accountant to provide immediate support to the finance department for a period of 3-6 months.
As the interim Management Accountant, you will play a key part in providing sound financial advice to budget holders in order to support the decision making processes in relation to corporate and strategic targets.
As the interim Management Accountant, your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare monthly financial reports
- Variance analysis and budget re-alignment
- Assisting and reporting to the Directorate Finance Manager
- Assisting with the financial aspects of business planning and budget setting
- Liaising with the management teams and Head of Management Accounts
- Advise on the progress of CIP/CRES project targets
- Compliance training with budget holders for Standing Financial Instructions and Standing Orders
- Setting up and monitoring SLAs and ensuring internal recharges are invoiced
- Project appraisal of tender documents
- Forecast analysis and correction of overspends
- Authorised signatory, approving staff changes and the commitment of charitable/research funds
- Collation and completion of government performance indicators
- Ad-hoc duties where required
- NHS Acute or Foundation Trust experience
- Part-qualified accountant
- 2 years Management Accounting experience within the NHS
- Strong system skills (preferably Cedar data knowledge)
- Excellent system skills
Candidates will only be considered with recent Management Accounting experience within an NHS Acute or Foundation Trust.
Rate is negotiable and will be determined based on the quality and experience of the successful applicant.
To apply for this interim Management Accountant position, please contact Chris McKinney on 0207 851 7808.
To find out more about Real Staffing please visit www.realstaffing.com