Head of Client Services - Top Bespoke Training Brand
- Top bespoke training brand
- Competitive salary
- Well established business with £10m turnover
- Working with blue chip clients such as Cisco, RBS, Vauxhall etc.
Our client provides bespoke training programmes that aim to improve their clients’ business performance in sales, marketing and service. They are a well-established name, founded in 1997, with a turnover of £10m+ and a long list of Blue Chip clients. Their solution combines assessment, training, coaching, application tools and impact measurement, using leading-edge technologies to create sustainable performance improvement.
This is an internal facing leadership role reporting, in the first instance, to the company’s CCO. As the successful candidate, your mission will be to ensure an exceptional level of delivery for all clients, whilst driving operational excellence and efficiency within and between the Engagement and Delivery teams. This will mean reducing indirect costs whilst maintaining client services.
This role will have management and development responsibility for the Client Engagement, Client Impact and Delivery teams.
The outcomes expected from the role within the next 6-9 months include:
- A measurable improvement in operational efficiency and fixed cost, whilst sensitively balancing cost and quality measures, ensuring delighted clients measured through a six monthly client satisfaction survey;
- Redefined and clarified processes and rules of engagement between the Engagement Managers, Client Engagement Coordinators and the Delivery team (among others) and between those teams and clients. A robust system for measuring adherence to those processes;
- An improvement in gross margin vs. plan on a project and a company basis, ensuring proactive action is taken to identify and act upon opportunities to improve margin;
- Improved measurement of/case studies around the impact of our work, and a clear process for working with salespeople (Client Directors) to identify opportunities within accounts;
- Working with the Head of Delivery to achieve a reduction in average faculty costs per day, an improved ability to forecast faculty demand, and a revitalised associate faculty network;
- An improvement in employee engagement in the Engagement, Impact and Delivery teams measured through the employee Pulse survey through direct line management responsibility;
- Leadership, development and resourcing of the Engagement, Impact and Delivery teams to ensure that we attract, engage and develop a high performing team
Day to day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Evaluate and continuously analyse all current tasks, activities, processes and systems to inform resourcing requirements and efficiency improvements;
- Identify business and process improvements, prepare risk assessments and lead the implementation plan, establishing best practice;
- Provide regular status updates and risk analysis to all key stakeholders, including regular presentations to the Exec committee;
- Perform regular re-assessment of all processes to evaluate their performance and continually establishing a culture of continuous improvement;
- Set the overall direction, priorities and development of the Engagement, Delivery and Impact teams, ensuring engagement and alignment with the mission of delivering efficiency and quality;
- Build strong and successful relationships across the teams to generate engagement in process and business improvements;
- Train, coach and manage the Engagement and Delivery team to ensure successful delivery of all projects to budget and on time, identifying and managing risks, working with the teams to mitigate impact;
- Support and coach the Delivery Lead to deliver against their mission of reducing our faculty costs, developing our forecasting capability and revitalising our associate faculty network
- Support the team to ensure insight and ROI is consistently measured on all client engagements.
This role is suited to someone with a track record of successfully implementing operational business improvement projects that have challenged the status quo and resulted in tangible gains for an organisation. You will be able to work as part of the senior management team at both a tactical and a strategic level.
The role will be a good fit for you if you can demonstrate
- A track record of achieving results in a professional services environment (training or performance improvement an advantage) with demonstrable success in building and running rigorous systems, policies, and tools to support complex services;
- Experience in a management level position such as General Manager, Practice Manager, or in a senior operational consulting role with experience of successfully managing and developing a team;
- Exceptionally strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a proven ability to analyse performance management data, isolate insights and make rapid decisions in the face of ambiguity;
- Ability to engage, develop and collaborate with team members and the wider business;
- Attention to detail combined with an open minded approach to process;
- Inquisitive and questioning approach, familiar with uncovering and addressing the root cause of issues;
- Outstanding capabilities in the management of workflow, process and people;
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills, with outstanding written English;
- Qualification or experience of working with a business improvement methodology (e.g. Lean, 6 Sigma, CEM)
To be considered for this role please submit your CV! If you have any further questions, feel free to email thomas.williams@ sales - point . co . uk.