AVADO is a groundbreaking company at the forefront of the 'ed-tech' sector, and creates ventures with leading industry brands such as Google to innovate learning and revolutionise education.
AVADO’s vision is to be the global leader in online education with significant market share under both its own brands and through powering innovative online learning platforms in partnership with brands who are leading their fields.
AVADO, with over 30,000 active students, combines the proven experience of the category leader with the commercial understanding and connections of a progressive international investment group (Blenheim Chalcot) which has successfully built dozens of innovative, entrepreneurial and digital businesses over the last 16 years.
Our headquarters are in London, however we have offices in Singapore, Hamburg, New York and Mumbai, and are in the process of launching our portfolio this year across over 20 countries.
We are looking for a Community Coordinator who is eager to join a fast paced, online focused business. The ideal candidate will have a passion for online education, new technologies, facilitating learning, and is looking for an exciting new challenge.
This role will involve working closely with members of the Learning team, as well as playing a key customer facing role. The role will involve facilitation/support for online discussions, live classes and operational planning, as well as signposting best in class online educational tools and methodologies to support and enhance the AVADO Learning experience for students.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Be active and visible on the Virtual Campus to encourage discussion and debate, to foster a community of learning and to create an atmosphere of collaborative learning, which assists students in achieving the course objectives.
- Resolve online conflicts and difficult behaviours.
- Encourage and facilitate discussion to elicit student queries and direct relevant queries to the tutor.
- Facilitate online discussions and group work during live classes to answer student queries or direct relevant queries to the tutor.
- Identify, refer to, and post relevant material that may be useful for students.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the People & Talent curricula and use this to maintain quality and to drive product innovation and evolution across courses.
- Set up live classes (e.g. using Adobe Connect) in advance and ensure all technology is fully tested and presenters understand exactly what’s required, including how to use the Adobe Connect software (full training provided).
- Format and upload live class recordings and support material to the VLC, notifying students where appropriate.
- Actively monitor and analyse student progress and feedback and communicate findings to the Operation and Product Teams with suggestions on how improvements can be made to the student experience.
- Support the Product Manager in identifying potential enhancements and evolving all elements of the product.
The success factors you need to have are
- Track record of facilitating group work
- Track record of motivating others and encouraging participation
- Track record of effectively handling conflict
- Track record of working to tight deadlines
- Strong influencing, verbal and written communications skills
- University degree 2:2 or better
It will also be a big advantage if you have
- Strong organisational skills and strong time management skills
- Experience in online facilitation, ideally in forums and live classes
- Experience working in a fast paced, online-focused business
- Knowledge and experience working within a web conferencing platform, preferably Adobe Connect or social media networking (e.g. Google Hangouts)
- Knowledge and experience working within a Virtual Learning Environment, preferably Moodle