Senior Quantity Surveyor
6 days left
- Full Time
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £45k - £65K dependant on experience
Our client is looking for an ambitious Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience in the retail sector, who are looking to progress their careers by joining our client's growing London team to lead projects and teams with a client facing role. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an established office with an expanding blue chip client base. The successful candidate will be joining an expanding business with exciting plans for the future, both in the UK and across Europe.
Candidates must be degree qualified (BSc Quantity Surveying or equivalent) and ideally MRICS qualified, with 5+ years’ experience and able to demonstrate a proven track record within both pre and post contract delivery alongside excellent communication skills with all levels of staff both internally and within client organisations. A great team and work ethic are essential as they are looking for efficient, goal driven, engaging individuals who prioritise innovation and flexibility.
Candidates must be fluent in English with previous work experience in the UK and be based in London or be able to commute on a daily basis.
Our client provide dynamic multi-disciplinary building consultancy services delivering quality professional expertise and advice to clients across a diverse range of business sectors throughout the UK and Europe. Successful candidates will be offered excellent career development opportunities supported by their varied and challenging workload with progression and reward being driven by successful delivery and performance. Our client is committed to the continuous professional development of all their staff and they provide a range of professional training programmes and support for staff at all levels including those requiring support to obtain relevant academic or professional qualifications.
This is an exciting opportunity with highly competitive negotiable salary and benefits available.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Quantity Surveying knowledge base throughout Pre and Post construction phases
- Experience of administration of construction contracts
- Chartered or working towards achieving chartered status
- Experience of working within a consultancy or client organisation
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Experience in a client facing role
- Experience of managing or mentoring junior members of staff
- Experience of successfully operating within multi stakeholder environments
- Ability to challenge constructively and deliver client led targets
- Ability to clearly articulate project needs on a scheme by scheme basis
- Ability to pro-actively contribute to value management and value engineering studies at project and programme level
- Delivery of work outputs within set time frames
- Commitment, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
- Team player capable of a flexible approach
- Energetic & self-motivated
- Strong IT capabilities including working experience of Microsoft Office
- Experience of commercial and residential projects from inception to completion
- Experience of education and health projects may also be an advantage
- Any local market knowledge would be highly advantageous
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Senior Quantity Surveyor role then please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that to be appointed to this role candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK.