Assistant Head of English, Richmond, Permanent, April / Sept 17
School: Secondary School, Richmond, South West London
Job title: Assistant Head of English
Start date: April/September 2017
Salary: MPS/UPS (Outer London) TLR 2B
Do you have a love of literature? Are you an engaging teacher of English with the drive to succeed?
A large successful academy in Richmond for students aged 11-18 years old is looking for an Assistant Head of English to Start in April/September 2017. We are looking for a well-qualified and dynamic Teacher of English who is looking for the next step up.
You will be joining a well-established and supportive team to teach English from KS3 to KS5 (experience of this is essential) and will need to use your outstanding subject knowledge to deliver lessons that challenge and engage students. A detailed understanding of strengths and weaknesses in students' learning is essential to tackle gaps in understanding and build on prior attainment.
The school is part of a trust which is committed to raising standards for all pupils and set high expectations on both students and staff and encourage parent involvement to support all students.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be aware of a variety of specifications and exam boards as well as be up to date on current changes.
- Have an up to date class room practice and pedagogy and considers themselves to be a strong English practitioner.
- Understand how to use data to inform planning and teaching as well as differentiate work for all learner profiles.
- Be committed to running extra-curricular activities such as clubs and rehearsals.
The school will offer:
- Continued Professional and Personal Development Opportunities.
- Enthusiastic children who are keen to learn.
- A dedicated, motivated and welcoming staff and school community.
- An extensive learning environment in which to teach.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS). For more information please contact Claire Hobbs or Mevish Hussain at Capita Education Resourcing on or e-mail your CV or