English Tutor - Leading Private College
A leading private college based in Soho, Central London are looking to recruit an 'English Tutor'.
You MUST have experience of teaching English to GCSE level and hold a teaching qualification.
The role is paying £35K.
The role incorporates the following -
- Devise, deliver and manage programmes of study to meet learners’ individual needs, programme requirements and national standards from Entry Level to Level 2 and GCSE
- Ensure delivery of English is in line with college aims and targets, meeting a minimum of Grade 2, 'Good’ in line with Ofsted criteria aspiring to achieve Grade 1 'Outstanding’
- Provide individualised support to learners in a range of situations/locations as per their specific needs, which may include: 1:1 in-class, group work, adaptation of learning materials and resources, differentiation of planning and delivery, implementation of assessment access arrangements
- Promote a stimulating learning environment and use a range of Education and Training strategies and materials, including the use of ILT resources, to motivate and engage learners, encourage their development of learners’ skills and understanding and positive outcomes
- Ensure that Schemes of Work, lesson plans and group files are maintained and up to date in the format required
- Track, monitor and regularly report on student progress, and liaise with the Functional Skills and ALS Coordinator and others as appropriate.
- Promote the importance of improving English, mathematics GCSE and functional skills as appropriate, in the context of learners achieving their learning goals and life ambitions.
- Maintain quality systems and complete relevant tracking, reporting, registration documentation as required by the College, Awarding bodies and other external agencies/customers.
- Follow and maintain internal quality assurance procedures for qualifications in this programme area, including delivery and marking of tests and assignments
- Submit any sample requests to your QA or Coordinator on time
You MUST have the following qualifications / experience -
- A teaching qualification
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills Maths and English Entry Level 3 to Level 2
- Experience of Teaching GCSE/ A level English
- Commitment to learner progression and achievement
- Excellent communication, written and numerical skills
- Be adept in use of MS Office 2000/2003 (Excel, Word) or later, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and ideally Access or similar database
- Willingness to undergo training and professional development to carry out the role successfully
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading college with excellent career prospects and generous staff benefits.
PLEASE APPLY NOW!