Up to £35,000 DOE plus excellent benefits including pension, private healthcare, annual leave and free onsite parking.
60 branches, a customer base of 100,000 retailers and a product line of over 25,000 items - Bestway is the largest independent food wholesaler in the UK. We’ve achieved our success by offering the best prices, service and choice to help retailers build their businesses.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join our Marketing Team as we continue on our journey where both change and growth feature heavily.
The successful candidate will be responsible in designing and creating artwork as per the business’ needs and in line with the business’ design guidelines. This could range from creating artwork for a brochure to POS, consumer leaflets to adverts and even signage, as well as potentially for all areas of the business (wholesale retail, foodservice or pet).
Your key responsibilities will include liaising and working with creative agencies to design marketing materials from time to time and providing creative direction to agencies.
You will work closely with the Head of Marketing and Artwork-Co-ordinator to understand what needs to be created, what the objective is and what format it should take.
You will also work closely with the Production Manager to ensure the marketing materials are created to a high level of quality and on time.
Key responsibilities of this role will, amongst others, be to:
- Receive and interpret creative briefs
- Ensure all artwork is created and delivered on time and to a high standard.
- As per the requirements, to design artwork for anything from brochures, POS, leaflets, adverts…etc. and any other marketing materials.
- Provide creative and strategic direction to agencies (and at times internal stakeholders) on relevant elements of artwork related to marketing, from print to digital.
- Work with agencies to ensure all artwork will be effective and successfully fulfils the purpose it is being created for, both strategically and creatively.
- Design templates on Photoshop for flyers, adverts and leaflets.
- Source product images from suppliers for artwork as necessary.
- Insert prices and product images correctly into marketing materials.
- Provide all necessary artwork as required to the Production Manager.
To take on this exciting opportunity you’ll be inDesign and/or Adobe Photoshop trained and have previous experience as a graphic designer as well as proficient in PowerPoint Design and Presentation building.
You’ll have good understanding of business, be creative and have good organisational skills whilst being proficient at multi-tasking.
At Bestway, we’re passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and working as a team to grow our business. So if you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact on an ambitious company that’s built its way up from humble beginnings, you could be the sort of person we are looking for.
We offer an attractive benefits package including a base salary commensurate with experience, generous holiday entitlement, private healthcare and a contributory pension.