5 days left
- Full Time
Fancy joining the wonderful world of Benefex? We’re a fast-moving technology business and are one of the leading providers of employee benefits solutions to employers. To help us on our quest to deliver and be the best we need the most brilliant people out there on board… and that’s where you come in.
We have an amazing opportunity for a highly self-motivated and proactive IT Apprentice to join our busy IT department to be responsible for providing 1st line support to over 170 employees across the business.
What will you be doing?
A typical day will involve liaising with our Benefexers over the telephone and face to face to help, support and advice on any IT issues they are experiencing as you’ll be the 1st line support (using our ticketing system). But that’s not all, you can also expect to get involved in the below:
- PC and laptop setup, maintenance and configuration (using Windows 10)
- Printer maintenance and escalation
- Cabling and desk setups
- Phone system and handset setup and maintenance
- Hardware/Software Asset Management
- Office 365 with Exchange Online support
- Building servers with Windows Server 2012 R2+
- Active Directory administration
- DNS/DHCP administration
- Group Policy Administration
- Server room maintenance
- Local and remote networking - LAN’s, WAN’s, VPN’s etc.
- Backup software maintenance and solutions
Ok, so there might be more than a day's worth here!
What qualifications and experience do you need to have?
- Being a logical thinker with good analytical and problem solving skills is a given - so when you apply tell us about a couple of your experiences
- A keenness to learn and craft a career in IT
- Excellent communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team, as you’ll be joining a fab one!
- Willingness to perform duties to the best of your ability and to completion
- Show commitment to helping out even if it’s not in the job description, striving to be an all-round super star!
Rewards for you:
- Benefits including 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off!).
- Healthcare, income protection, life assurance and access to our own award-winning online benefits scheme.
- Great team and innovative office environment.
So if you fancy joining a company that strives to make a difference, moves at lightning speed and is truly unique, we'd love to hear from you. We like people who are creative and challenge the norm, so reflect that in how you apply to come and work for us. A CV is useful, there’s no denying that, but make your cover letter stand out from the crowd and do something different. We like different.