FTSE 100 Retailer based in Central London is looking for a recently qualified finance analyst to support one of the core commercial areas of their business. The commercial finance team's priorities are on Control, Insight and Efficiency. Working in a high performing team, driving insight to generate action is a key output. This role will enable the individual to develop a broad understanding of Commercial Finance; including reporting, financial planning and business partnering.
- To support the business unit by providing accurate and timely weekly and monthly reporting and performance analysis from Sales to Gross Profit
- Having an inquisitive mind, driving new insight to support action in the team
- Ensure an effective control environment exists in order to minimise risk
- To develop and deliver weekly and monthly performance analysis to support the Business areas to understand current attainment, risks and opportunities with a focus on sales, and profitability
- Weekly reporting on key drivers of sales, margin and waste.
- Understanding implications of trading decisions and investment in store environment
- Support delivery of the annual Operating Plan and Forecasting processes with insightful variance analysis of key performance drivers, to set robust and stretching targets in partnership with the Commercial team
- Produce management summaries across the division to concisely convey targets
- Identify risks and opportunities in the planning process
Decision Support Analysis
- Key focus of the role, support the Senior Analysis Manager in partnering the Buying Teams to identify opportunities to drive Sales, Selling Margin and operational efficiencies
- Accountable for providing new insight to drive the agenda on key KPIs aligned to the priorities
- Responsible for supporting gross profit generating capex initiatives through scenario analysis and subsequently providing investment appraisal
- Understanding our business through in-touch visits to stores and suppliers is key to successful decision support.
We are looking for someone recently qualified, ideally with a background in commercial finance, although we will consider those straight from a Big 4 audit background with strong analytical capability and commercial mindset.
On offer is a competitive package and excellent progression opportunities.