Lead Automation Tester
7 days left
- Full Time
Who we are
Altus Analytics brings together the collective expertise of ARGUS and Voyanta as the leading provider of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) solutions worldwide. Our technology and industry expertise empower CRE clients and partners to work collaboratively to enhance decision making, drive performance and optimize transactional efficiency. From property budgeting, making strategic decisions about acquisitions or working with different teams, different organizations and different data, we can bring it all together.
We are looking for a Lead Automation Tester to join our team of testers. Someone who can share their knowledge, introduce best practices, guide their teammates and coordinate testing tasks. We need a Lead Automation Tester who realises the full potential of automation testing and strives to improve the framework through new insights or existing flaws. We want a champion of BDD and a forward thinker. Someone who knows the value of automation in agile software development and the importance of QA to engineer valuable tests. A Lead Automation Tester who can liaise with all sides of the business to get the best results.
Who are you and where are you now?
You are a Senior Automation Tester within an enterprise organization seeking a chance to move into a lead role. Or you might are a Lead Tester seeking a chance to move into a startup-like environment. You enjoy working on technical challenges in small teams, at a fast-pace; jumping from discussions with product managers and developers to mentoring team members. You thrive in an Agile environment and you are eager to explore and adopt a Kanban style process with the automation team. You have a passion for working with big data sets in a MySQL database. You are constantly researching, tweaking, and engineering new strategies.
Here’s what our Lead Automation Tester will do:
- Maintain and develop the existing cucumber framework, ensuring that it is stable and reliable.
- Automate not only functional tests but also Performance tests.
- Manage the nightly automated test build on Jenkins.
- Co-ordinate the automation tasks in Jira within the team, including code management using Git.
- Work with other members of the QA Team to develop automation across all areas of the system including financial reports, database, UI and Excel integration.
- Provide support and training in automation to QA team members and other automation engineers.
- Establish best practices for automation, maintain high code quality and drive processes to enable smooth & efficient automation.
- Actively participate in team meetings; set and meet sprint deliverables.
- Work alongside the development team and product management team to resolve all issues as efficiently as possible.
- Communicate with developers to determine resolution to issues.
Who are you?
- A Lead Automation Tester looking for a step up. You want to introduce new technologies - and improve the process, mentor the team, and continue to work side-by-side doing hands-on testing.
- A Computer Science grad. You know how to approach testing in a Java environment with SQL databases using our essential tools:
- Cucumber / Gherkin
- Selenium Webdriver
- Java fundamentals (Including JDBC, RESTful API, Apache POI)
- Well-rounded. You have exposure to multiple products and tools. You have a range of experience implementing and maintaining an automation testing framework and you are able to offer guidance and advice based on deep knowledge of automation testing techniques and tools.
- Not intimidated by large data sets. Our system is a very large data management system. You have experience working with data centric applications systems and you are comfortable with MySQL (or similar technologies).
- A research geek. You enjoy researching new methods and clearly presenting reasoning for alternate technologies or processes.
- Methodical, analytical, and detail oriented. You are a logical thinker; yet you are incredibly adept at thinking of all possible answers. You love the meticulous nature of going through every aspect of a product, every line of code, to ensure we are only releasing the best.
- An outstanding communicator. You have superior communication skills. You are concise, on point, and effective. You know how to listen and how to be heard. You are able to communicate both user requirements and technical details clearly across the team.
- An innovative problem-solver. You are flexible, but process-focused and you know how to balance urgency with long-term payoff. You are on a continuous search for improvements. You are never in a panic but you know how to get work done quickly, and accurately. Integrity of test results is your priority.
Ideally familiar with:
- Testing API’s (Tool we use: Runscope / Postman)
- XML / JSON
- Jmeter (Performance testing - Query loading times, Load testing micro service architecture)
- Jenkins - Continuous integration
- YAML (Used for building Jenkins jobs from ansible)
- Amazon Web Services
- Linux (Shell commands to navigate logs)
Need any more reasons to want to work with us?
As we continue to grow, the possibilities for the people that join Altus Analytics are significant. From professional growth to innovation to collaboration we are committed to continuing to foster the right environment to help our people realize their full potential. We give our people the freedom and responsibility to take charge of their career path, bring new ideas to the forefront and work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus Analytics a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.