Pre Sales Engineer - JG2909
A Video On Demand and OTT market leader is looking for a Pre Sales Engineer to join, support and lead the already strong team.
The right Pre Sales Engineer should have a proven track record for delivering on or exceeding goals and be able to lead a team with clear and concise achievements, you should come from within the media or technology industry. This role requires you to be highly motivated, extremely organised, creative, and possess excellent communication skills. As the Pre Sales Engineer you will work closely with executive management and senior management team on key opportunities and advising on market trends.
Role and Responsibilities:
As the Pre Sales Engineer Role your responsibilities will be the following:
• Own all the technical communications with Prospective customers, including demonstrations, tests of compression technology with their content and Proof of Concepts both over the phone, email and onsite.
• Acquire sufficient information from the customer to be able to create a system architecture diagram that can be validated by the customer as part of the sales engagement process.
• Prepare and present presentations that provide a full overview of the proposed solution for the Prospect
• Work with Engineering and Service Delivery to provide the ideal technical solution for customer requirements and to ensure that we have all the information required to provide a full quotation to meet the Prospects’ requirements.
• Full ownership of the completion of RFPs for large customer projects from a technical perspective, working alongside the Sales lead who would own the commercial perspective.
• Part of the Sales team consisting of Direct Sales people based in the UK and contractors based in Hong Kong, India, New York and Israel.
• Continuously develop relationships at a variety of levels within each account.
• Work with the Salesforce platform to ensure all customer communication is captured accurately for continuity and reference
• Create full documentation for Account Management, relating to new customer engagements to ensure rapid customer success.
• Work closely with Solution Managers and Engineering to maintain the feedback loop from customers and prospects.
• Work closely with the Marketing, Sales and Partner team to share learning across key customer accounts.
• Travel when necessary to meet potential customers - must be willing to be on the road often.
• Resolve critical issues and contribute to business/area development.
• Contribute to various social initiatives with documentation, best practices and evangelism on a regular basis.
• Host/participate in/present: "meet ups," on-line webinars, marketing events
• As "feet on the ground", work with Service Delivery to help develop new curriculum, problem solve, trends, advise the larger team where additional knowledge sharing would be helpful.
Experience and Skills:
The right Pre Sales Engineer will have the following skill set:
• 5+ years experience in a technical sales/business development role, ideally for a technology company selling OTT solutions or technology.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task across a wide range of accounts.
• Demonstrated ability to present to business or technical audiences and be able to change approach of communication.
• Be able to handle objections on the fly.
• An ability to assess client needs effectively and address those needs through products and services.
• A proven track record delivering on or exceeding personal and company goals.
• Hands-on approach to tackling tactical as well as strategic work.
• Strong technical knowledge and appreciation ideally within the OTT/IPTV world.
• Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative are a must.
• Extensive knowledge of the OTT technology landscape.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills in English (and ideally another European language).
• Proven ability to work effectively in a start-up environment.
• Demonstrated ability to be nice, smart and get things done.