Head Chef - straight day shifts - Staines
4 days left
- Full Time
£22-25,000 + company benefits and alternate weekend working
This is a great opportunity to head up a brand new kitchen in a recently refurbished and re-launched in-house restaurant serving an all fresh to spec company menu. A massive bonus is that you will not work any evenings and you will work alternate weekends.
You will either be an experienced head chef or strong sous chef working in a busy high volume customer facing restaurant, cafe, coffee shop, hotel, or commercial contract catering operation.
It is essential that you are brand standards focused with an intrinsic understanding of HACCP, compliance, legislation, and kitchen systems & procedures.
You will nee your own transport.
ROLE - HEAD CHEF
As the Head Chef you will:
- Manage every aspect of the kitchen in a hands-on capacity
- Order and control stock
- Manage wastage
- Train, develop, and inspire your team to consistently deliver a quality food offer
- Ensure wastage, costs, budgets, and labour are in line
- Ensure compliance and legislation is adhered to
- Maintain company systems & procedures
ATTRIBUTES - HEAD CHEF
- Experience as a Head Chef or sous/second chef in busy high volume customer facing restaurants, hotels, or commercial catering operation
- Excellent people, communication, and man-management skills
- Financial acumen - controlling costs & labour, and GPs'
- Training and developing people
- Stock management
- An intrinsic understanding of legislation and compliance
- An outgoing and positive personality and attitude
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful business and company.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.