Payroll Bureau Assistant
AJ Chambers are currently assisting an established firm of Chartered Accountants in the recruitment of a Payroll Bureau Assistant based in Rayleigh, Essex.
An excellent opportunity to join an established accountancy practice based in south east Essex. Founded 20 years ago, our client provides a modern approach to the profession, boasting an extremely high staff retention rate with a vibrant and dynamic working environment. The successful candidate with be joining a well-respected firm with a strong, professional work force and a varied local and national client base.
Our client offers a broad range of services including accountancy (year-end and management), bookkeeping, VAT, CIS, payroll, tax and audit.
The firm provide a comprehensive range of services to a wide and varied client base across the region and have seen a significant increase in work across the businesses.
Main Purpose of the role:
To work as part of the business, processing client payrolls which vary in frequency (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) and in size, 200 payrolls that are large and small. Auto enrolment and RTI, plus Processing and Planning the Payroll will be fundamental within this role.
The successful candidate will have the potential to progress with increased responsibility for clients and the opportunity to get involved in business development activity. Excellent communication skills, initiative and the ability to organise yourself and work to tight deadlines are essential.
- To liaise with clients and prepare their payrolls
- Client payrolls vary in frequency (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) and in size, 200 payrolls that are large and small
- Accurate production of client payroll
- Auto Enrolment
- RTI Submissions
- Maintains up to date understanding of clients business.
- Maintains good working relationships with client staff.
- Is aware of the wide range of company services and spots opportunities to potentially sell those services to clients.
- Takes an active role in business development, and promoting the firm in the local area.
Applicants must have experience of working within a multi payroll function, ideally from within a firm of accountants or specialist payroll house (bureau).
For further information on the position, please apply direct or contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers