Research Analyst - Asset Management - London
A recently formed publicly listed asset management and acquisition vehicle undertaking significant small-cap merger and acquisition activity in the UK business services sector with the aim of generating substantial shareholder value through the acquisition and improvement of target businesses.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,200 per month.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the business to help support the senior members of the team with their daily duties and by doing so build up you knowledge and commercial experience in the merger and acquisition industry.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
• Develop a strong understanding of the company’s clients and position within the industry.
• Perform research to profile potential new acquisition targets.
• Perform in-depth market and industry research to help draw insight which feeds into future strategy.
• Attend client meetings with senior members of the team.
• Follow industry news and alert senior members of the team about any changes.
• Track sector merger and acquisition activity and maintain the company database of precedent transactions.
• Support transaction execution.
• Support the team with minor administrative duties.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications are:
This internship most suits a recent graduate looking to break into the finance industry, investment banking, private equity and more specifically interested in merger and acquisition activity.
Desired skills, education and experience:
• Educated to degree level, preferably with a focus or interest in finance, economics or business.
• Proficient with MS Office.
• An efficient researcher who can conduct analysis across various sources of information.
• Due to the early stage of the company the ability to work in an un-structured environment with a high degree of autonomy.
• A personable and gregarious individual.
• A genuine interest in corporate finance merger and acquisition.
• A high level of numeracy.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• Get a high level of involvement in a company with a heavy deal-flow and exposure to the full life cycle of merger and acquisition transaction (invaluable experience for anyone with Investment Banking / Private Equity aspirations).