Graduate IT Support Engineer - Central London
4 days left
- Full Time
A Graduate IT Support Engineer with a recent degree and knowledge of IT is required for a IT Service provider in Central London on a permanent basis.
Role: Graduate IT Support Engineer
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum + Benefits
Location: Central London
About Our Client:
"We are an established and successful IT services company based in central London. Our job is to make our SME clients’ IT work seamlessly, as well as being their trusted advisor when it comes to new IT developments, including the latest email, collaboration and file sharing cloud technologies. As we build on our success, we are currently looking to expand our highly credible technical team."
You are a self-starter with a real passion for learning. The idea of working for a growing London-based business excites you and being part of a great team is important to you. You're a geek at heart and love to play around with the latest technologies. You get a buzz from solving problems in a busy environment and you understand the importance of excellent client service, which means you can also give simple explanations without using IT Jargon. You believe that the world can be a better place through the effective use of IT, and want to help make that happen.
The Graduate IT Support Role:
In this role, you will provide remote technical support, as part of a team, for all of our clients. You will be expected to demonstrate a strong work ethic when it comes to managing issues, have a keenness to learn and develop an appreciation of the various client cultures and requirements. We have a Graduate Training Programme in place which runs for the first two years of your time with us. This ensures you are developing core skills for your future career in IT support and spans both company funded external training as well as in-role experience objectives. We also carry out bi-annual performance reviews, providing a regular opportunity for two-way feedback.
Responsibilities by End of Year 1:
- Achieve the objectives set out within year 1 of the Graduate Training Programme, with a view to progressing on to year 2 Programme objectives
- Target zero customer chase ups on issues and achievement of SLAs. Deliver excellent customer interaction via our online ticketing system and by telephone, being confident in prioritising issues and escalating as appropriate. Demonstrate responsible management of issues
- Demonstrate increased independence, ownership and foundation skills, which could then be extended to working as part of the client team for specific clients, and working at client premises as required. Other extended responsibilities may include, for example, greater involvement with on-site to cloud based conversions, Private cloud based deliverables and office moves
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers, vendors and maintainers to complete tasks.
- Talk confidently with clients about a range of technologies, bringing in team specialists and consultants as required
- Gain clients’ trust in terms of ownership of issues through to completion, providing prompt updates and delivering against any commitments made to clients
- Understand technologies and how they fit together, including a more developed understanding of a specific technology, for example 365, SQL Server, VMware, Firewalls, Internet setup, Citrix Desktops, Office 2013
Essential Skills / Experience:
- A solid academic background in IT/ computer related, physics, math’s or engineering discipline, possibly combined with business
- 6-18 months’ industry experience (work placement or post-graduation)
- Basic understanding of the following: Hardware and peripherals including PCs, laptops and printers, Microsoft office, Microsoft Server, Networking including LAN, WAN, firewalls and routers, Applications/software, Citrix
- An excellent telephone manner/ communication skills.
- An ability to engage professionally and deliver an exceptional client experience at all times
- An ability to work under pressure and respond to tight deadlines whilst prioritising workload
- Personal accountability for on-time deliverables and delighting clients
- Demonstration of tenacity and character - for example via the Duke of Edinburgh Award
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- IT qualifications and certifications would be a big advantage, as would evidence that they strive to excel in all they do
- Previous experience in an IT Support related role would be a bonus
- Pension, Private Healthcare after probation period
- 20 days’ holiday, plus public holidays, plus your birthday
Send your CV ASAP - Further Details on Application
Orbis Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.