Job Title: Pensions Administrator - Pensions Income Team (Permanent role)
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Salary: £16,500 - £19,000 basic plus flexible benefits package
A great opportunity for an experienced administrator, with either pensions or payroll experience, has arisen to join our Southampton based client's Pension Income Team on a permanent basis.
You will be part of a busy and technical team dealing with pension income payments for pension customers. You will also maintain customer records, ensuring that all details are up to date. This role would be suitable for candidates who have prior knowledge of pensions, from either a pension's admin role or from working in payroll and having an understanding of pension contributions.
- Support a successful Tax Year End process within the team and across Operations.
- Contribute and support Key processes within agreed service levels and deadlines.
- Be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of team processing including payroll, delivering the right quality outcomes for customers.
- Liaise with relevant parties to chase outstanding requirements to complete team processing via telephone, letter or email.
- Escalate any issues that could impact delivery and communicate to affected parties in line with the company policy.
- Embrace Lean to drive the right customer outcomes and achieve cost ambitions
- Support the team through change initiatives
- Make suggestions for improvements to processes and service with a focus to drive down costs, improve quality and delivery excellent customer service
- Engage and focus on personal and team development in line with team and departmental objectives
- Recognise the importance of working together as a team to maximise team, department and company results
- Actively seek to build relationships within Pensions and across Operations to support sharing best practise
- Communicate openly, honestly, regularly and face to face
- Own your own personal development plan - be the best you can
- Keep up to date with business, system and regulatory changes
- 5 GCSE's Grade A*-C including Maths and English
- CF1 and /or FA2 CII Qualifications (desirable)
- Previous Financial Services experience in the Pensions Industry (desirable)
- Pension payroll experience is preferred
Core benefits Package:
- Annual salary review -based on market rate and personal performance.
- Bonus - most employees are eligible to participate in the bonus scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it.
- Pension Scheme - non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions.
- Protection benefits provided as part of the package - life assurance, income protection, personal accident insurance and private healthcare.
- You can also choose from a selection of benefits that can be added to your package through 'salary-sacrifice.' That means the relevant amount will be deducted from your salary to cover the additional options - an efficient way to pay for them. Your options include a variety of well-being, protection and family-friendly options such as purchasing more holiday. You can change these options each year as your needs change.
- Employee discount
- Our client has negotiated employee discount agreements with a number of popular local shops, restaurants and fitness centres.
- Throughout the year, employees can nominate and reward colleagues with prizes for exceptional performance, behaviour and actions characteristic of company values.
- Employees also benefit from an ongoing series of well-being events ranging from massage and reflexology to fitness assessments and quit smoking advice sessions
Please also attach a covering letter explaining why you are well suited to the role you are applying for.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: /equal-opportunities/