Trainee Assistant Commercial Underwriter - Graduate Opportunity - London
Our global client is looking to recruit a confident graduate with excellent academics including a minimum 2:1 degree in any analytical discipline, who has a keen interest in the Insurance industry & can hit the ground running in their demanding Legal team. There is lots of scope of promotion within the company and further qualifications are sponsored and paid for. There is also prospect of travel to other European offices, therefore fluency in German, Spanish or French is required. Candidates without fluency in one or more of these three languages, as well as English, will not be considered.
You will be an excellent team player and someone who can demonstrate a flexible, adaptable approach, rising to new challenges. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and will manage competing priorities with a flexible attitude to work and meeting deadlines. Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook are essential along with proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
The main focus of this role is to manage a range of residential & commercial cases across the UK and Europe under the direction of a more Senior Underwriter This will involve:
• Assisting with the daily underwriting and processing of commercial and residential risks
• Deal with legal and other technical matters received from the business as assigned.
• Drafting documents
• Carrying out legal research.
• Review and summarise files gathering information on cases for referral to more senior underwriters.
• Ensure policy wording is correct and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of policy coverage and be able to discuss this confidently with external and internal clients
• Input, update and maintain data so systems accurately reflect current position
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and maintain high levels of service in order to maximise business and conversion rate
This is an ideal opportunity to work for an international insurer in a varied role and to move your career to its limit.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Francesca Butcher or call for a confidential discussion.
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency, our enviable reputation is based on trust, integrity and doing what is right for you. We will always talk to you about your application and ask permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
Our Consultants have the latest market knowledge at their fingertips and can offer advice and guidance on your next career move - just call us about this role or to see if we have other suitable vacancies for you.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.